It's been way too long and I've finally put my feet up; it's Sunday with no cakes due until tomorrow and a busy year ahead.
1. Start with a 10" square cake. Usually most shapes can be cut from a square. This would be the smallest I would start with as ultimately, you still have a cake big enough to make an impression and yet small enough for details.
Cutting the cake in half on an angle gives your frog a larger front and a smaller bottom.
3. Cut the slope down the back of the Frog: this will give you the first few 'extra' pieces' you can work with for other parts of the frog.
4. Cut in the back bottom section to have a flat point for the frog's bottom.
9. Using ganache, start "glueing" your pieces together. You want to make sure the cake is all one solid piece before covering in fondant. The thicker your fondant, the harder it will dry so make sure you have fondant that won't remain too soft and will set.
23. Paint the tongue red and the details on the blowfly. Add other small element - some leaves the birthday message...
VOILA! Here is your finished Frog masterpiece!
I hope you enjoyed and have fun making your own amphibian!