21 August 2011

Queen For a Day

It's not very often that I can say I took a day off to work...Huh? That's right. I was asked back at the beginning of the year if I would be interested in doing a small video clip for Queen. No - not Queen the rock band or Queens of the Stone Age.
  Queen is a Brisbane family owned company who have supplied home cake decorators for years. You know, when you're making a cake at home and you pop into the supermarket to pick up supplies? Well, most of the time you end up buying something from Queen - they have those great food colours, essences and flavours. They also have Royal icing and icing tubes for decorating. As these are new to their business they like to help their customers out by having a video they can click onto on the internet to show them how it's done.
  Well, I have to say - I had a ball. Livewire productions filmed the clip and they were great. I arrived early and had my make-up and hair done and some short instruction as to how to talk and move on camera - it's harder than it looks! Nigella eat your heart out! They were easy to talk to and I felt comfortable at all times - even hours later they still managed to make me laugh when I was tired.
I've even had customers asking me if it was really me! So if you're at home and have a minute to throw together a cake for a special occasion - check it out!
http://www.queen.com.au/products/list.php?categoryid=4 and you won't be dissapointed.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment